May 2021 Release Notes
We’ve added a lot of new features in the past two months. We’ve increased functionality in the terminal application, expanded support throughout the owner panel, and fixed several annoying bugs.
- Added the ability to refund the Service Fee directly from an Order through the Terminal.
- Added the ability to edit and add to the list of phone numbers that can receive fraud alerts.
- Updated checkout limitations to allow for a different minimum cart size for patron choice locations (pickup or delivery)
- Our API V2 checkout endpoints have officially entered beta. Partners interested can reach out here: https://meetbbot.com/partners.
- Half of the work to allow multi-vendor delivery has been completed. We’ll keep you updated when we’re ready to launch. In the meantime reach out to your customer success team if you’re interested in joining the beta.
- Some order information can now be updated in the terminal.
- Owners can configure multi-factor authentication on the owner panel for additional security. Instructions can be found here.
- Customers with multiple accounts can now search past orders for all customers via the Past Orders screen in the owner panel.
- We now support injecting Open Tickets into Omnivore connected POS Systems.
- By default, SMS messages will not be sent if the order is completed several hours after the guest desired time. These settings can be updated in the owner panel.
- Additional checkout fields can now support free text fields or option selection buttons.
- Changed create account text input colors.
- The Vendor Transactions Report now has a column indicating if an order was part of a multi-vendor checkout.
- The marketing opt-in text shown to guests on the checkout page now supports links to external privacy policies.
- We will now send an automated email 7 days before we debit your account for outstanding invoices/bills.
- Fixed a bug allowing child accounts to disable parent location codes
- Fixed a bug with multi-vendor customers with more than one service charge and the same name were not displaying the correct amount in Cart
- Fixed a bug where Banner Images were not saving in the Owner Panel
- Fixed an issue where the Reporting Tool was returning reports that end a day before the desired end date and empty reports if the start and end dates were the same.
- Fixed a bug where messages at the bottom of the checkout page were not appearing.
- Fixed a bug where “Terminal Allowed Ordering” settings were not updating accounts’ location codes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented support for Stripe UK cards.
- Fixed a bug where Omnivore synced customers could add menu items in the Bbot portal.
- Fixed a bug rendering CSV files when opening an 'example promo code csv file'.
March 1 Release Notes
Lots of great news this week. We've officially opened the contactless tabs beta to everyone ? and we've wrapped up several new features we're excited to share with you.
- Contactless tabs open beta - contact your Bbot customer success rep for more information.
- Added cancel functionality for Relay delivery
- Added functionality to inject table and employee ids in Micros POS integrations.
- This supports additional reporting options in Micros or allows you to export this data to a 3rd party.
- Added another option to the guest notifications for $ORDER_NUMBER. You can now use the $ORDER to display the order number and information about the order placed or $ORDER_NUMBER to display only the order number in a guest notification.
- Released multi-factor authentication support for the owner panel
- Display the original amount for each line item that was refunded in the owner panel.
- Previously line items would display refunded rather than the original amount.
- Update party tabs to allow a hold for multiple days.
- Previously party tabs would expire within a day. You can now open a party tab and share over the course of a weekend.
- Updated Bbot admin view to make it easier for Bbot employees to configure customer cut agreements.
- Updated post-checkout status page to include desired time and by default only show orders 12 hours old or newer
- Updated payment tool to allow multi-location customers to be paid in a lump sum for all locations.
- Resolved duplicate CSRF cookies
- Fixed bug to impacting party tabs for old browsers
- Fixed service fee bug in checkout API
- Fixed bug for $0 party tab orders
- Fixed bug preventing Toast integrated customers from changing the menu order
- Fixed bug for the 'Special Instructions' label if the prompt is left blank
- Fixed bug preventing customer support information from occasionally not displaying on the post-checkout status page
March 2021 Terminal Release
Lots of exciting updates coming to the Bbot Terminal ?
We are deprecating unmanaged terminal devices at the end of March. If you have received an email from Bbot please respond to prevent interruption to service. If you purchased a device from Bbot no action is necessary, if you're unsure please contact our support team firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added the ability to rename a consumer tab from the Location -> Tabs screen
- When opening the "Send Receipt" modal, it should now pre-populate with the info from the Order (if available)
- Settings Screen toggle to "Keep awake on Battery"
- Terminal now supports Nested Modifiers when creating new orders
- Added Refresh button to Menu Management in the rare case that the Menu doesn't load
- Improved error reporting
- Updated how orders are displayed on Stations, Locations, and Search pages
- [Android] Poller now runs in a Foreground Service, should work much better while app is in the background or screen is off
- KDS Tickets now appear taller on bigger screens
- KDS Filtered Orders now filters based on Orders Desired Time and not the created time
- Related Orders on KDS Tickets are now displayed at the bottom of the ticket when opened. These can also be expanded to show more details
- Fixed email/phone not appearing when sending a receipt
- You can now refund $0 orders with a service charge
- [Split Check screen] When an item goes out of stock, you are now notified and can remove the item without going back to the cart
- [Split Check screen] If an approved check has an item which the server is now reporting as out-of-stock, the check will require re-approval
- Removed serial number field from Device management page